[SOLVED] TV as a second monitor keeps giving me Windows 10 disconnect and reconnect sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2021
Hi, I have my Philips Android TV plugged in to my Nvidia 1070 video card as a second monitor to be used occasionally.

It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting though sometimes. I can hear the Windows 10 connection notification sounds quite a lot at certain times for no real reason I can work out. I've heard that it's not the best idea to keep unplugging and re-plugging in my HDMI cable. The cable is an expensive one and I don't really want to have to buy another expensive one plus a very expensive HDMI switch so that I can keep it from disconnecting and reconnecting that way (whilst trying to keep the quality of the expensive HDMI connection).

Any suggestions?

Solution
I think there's a possibility it's something else.....unless somehow you are sure it's the TV.
...and if I was sure it was the TV I would try more than one cable.
I'd also inspect the jacks at the GPU end and the TV end for anything odd.
Sep 9, 2021
Does the TV lose signal when you hear the sound?
Are you 100% sure the sound is related to this connection (that it's not something else?)
Have you tried more than one cable....even a cheap one?
If the TV is on and displaying from the PC then there is never a disconnect / reconnect.

I think there's a possibility it's something else.....unless somehow you are sure it's the TV.
...and if I was sure it was the TV I would try more than one cable.
I'd also inspect the jacks at the GPU end and the TV end for anything odd.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.