the input lag is i think 13ms
will that be noticeable on fast gaming
other wise its Samsung odyssey ,with its 1ms lag
but narrow curved ultrawide format
but cant use as smart tv when not gaming
what's peoples opinion
thanks

Solution
larsv8 i don't understand why its annoying because its a tv ,can you explain. you have to turn on a monitor anyway ?
my thinking was if input lag is ok ,I've also got a smart tv thrown in for the price .what's not to like
supposedly lag goes down to 6ms in 120hz
its a lot of money ,so don't want any costly mistakes, LG will not take it back if its too laggy.

Monitors inherently just go too sleep and you don't have too turn them on and off with a remote. The smart aps feature bar auto opens when you turn it on too, so you have to wait 10 seconds for it too minimize. On my work computer, just click mouse or keyboard and bam ready to go. Its in no way a deal breaker, but its mildly annoying. I wish the TV had a PC mode which...
One or the other.
  1. I watch alot of TV streaming videos and surfing.
  2. I'm a hard core gamer
  3. I'm not sure

For 1 or 3 Get the TV if you anwsered yes to 2 then you'll want the monitor.
I take it you have the graphics card to do 4k Tv or the 144hz + for the monitor.

larsv8

Distinguished
I got my LG CX 48 about a month ago and have no regrets.

The perfect blacks is something I just really enjoy.

I play alot of Overwatch and input lag has not been a problem for me. Capping fps at 118 supposedly helps with input lag / response time.

Its a little annoying that it is a TV and I have to turn it on everyday, but that is a one time a day

Did spend about 2 hours setting it up and optimizing settings. One time thing.

bernieo

Commendable
Oct 29, 2020
thanks for the replies ,guys im waiting till amd big navi is tested ,before making a decision to build a new pc
1080 I'm running now is fine. but getting long in the tooth . I want a screen to keep for years
the reason im leaning towards the LG is purely real estate .its a full height screen ,whereas the Samsung odyssey is narrow ultrawide
better response ,granted
larsv8 i don't understand why its annoying because its a tv ,can you explain. you have to turn on a monitor anyway ?
my thinking was if input lag is ok ,I've also got a smart tv thrown in for the price .what's not to like
its a lot of money ,so don't want any costly mistakes, LG will not take it back if its too laggy.
thanks
Bernie

larsv8

Distinguished

Monitors inherently just go too sleep and you don't have too turn them on and off with a remote. The smart aps feature bar auto opens when you turn it on too, so you have to wait 10 seconds for it too minimize. On my work computer, just click mouse or keyboard and bam ready to go. Its in no way a deal breaker, but its mildly annoying. I wish the TV had a PC mode which would disable the remote all together.

As I said, the lag has been fine.

I highly recommend the TV, I think it is best of the best.

Reactions: bernieo
Solution

TRENDING THREADS