[SOLVED] TV as Second Monitor Not Working

Jan 28, 2019
I had Win 8.1 since I had this laptop. I had my TV connected via DVI since 8.1. When I upgreaded to Win 10 the TV was still working as a monitor. For some reason yesterday it stopped working. Before I go out to buy a new cord I was wondering if it could be something else I haven't tied yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have read the other posts here but none of those ideas worked.

Solution
Check input menu on TV is set to correct input from those listed (eg HDMI, AV1, AV2 or whatever). Try each one to see if PC display appears on any of them.

Also check PC graphics driver is free from errors (check Device Manager) and up to date (Get Win10 driver from your laptop manufacturer's support website).

You may have already tried all that, in which case you should have listed what you've already tried when you started this thread.
Check input menu on TV is set to correct input from those listed (eg HDMI, AV1, AV2 or whatever). Try each one to see if PC display appears on any of them.

Also check PC graphics driver is free from errors (check Device Manager) and up to date (Get Win10 driver from your laptop manufacturer's support website).

You may have already tried all that, in which case you should have listed what you've already tried when you started this thread.

Solution