TV cards, which one to get?

G

I am looking for a TV card to replace my old TV set, now the question is which. Atm I have my sights set on the Hauppauge WinTV Theater, but if there's a better one out there do tell me .. :)

I live in Sweden by the way so no US-only cards plz.

/w2k

thein

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hopefully you already ready the most excellent article... I bought the hauppage win-tvd (not sure, but this is probably us only). I think I overspent and should not have the digital model as I most often watch cable rather than one of the three local digital channels - which are indeed clear when I mess with the antenna.

To answer your questsion, I would reccomend Hauppage cards without reservation. I have seen the others and the software and install are truly superior.

If you are questioning if you need one, I say go for it. I had a 24" TV in my study next to my PC - the extra space (using the PC as TV) is a real benefit.

G

I own a WinTV GO card and I couldn't be happier with it. The picture is great and the video I capture with it is very good as well. If you need a tv card look no further because WinTV cards are practicaly perfect in every way.

G

I've been in a quandry for about a year now about which TV card to buy. Should I get the ATI, Matrox or ASUS? I went to the Matrox site the other day and found out that they will have the 450e TV out this quarter and from what've I've read on their site this is the card for me. Check it out.