TV CENTER PRO AND WIN7 64BIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

theallien

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
I HAVE A PINACLE 310i AND I AM TRING TO MAKE IT WORK UNDER WIN 7 64BIT EVALUATION COPY BUILD 7100 WITH THE OFFICIA PINACLE TV CENTER PRO SOFTWARE .... BUT I GET THE FOLLOWING ERROR

SYSTEM.ARGUMENTEXCEPTION: PARAMETER IS NOT VALID.
IN SYSTEM.DRAWING.GRAPHICS.SCALETRANSFORM(SINGLE SX, SINGLE SY)
IN PINNACLE.SPEZI.CONTROLS.TEXT.TEXTMANAGER.DOPAINT(GRAPHICS GFX,BRUSH BRUSH, STRINGTEXT,FONT FONT, RECTANGLE RECT, BOOLEAN HOTKEYUNDERLINE)
IN PINNACLE.SPEZI.CONTROLS.PCLETEXTCONTROL.ONPAINT(PAINTEVENTAGRS E)
IN SYSTEM.WINDOWS.FORMS.CONTROL.PAINTWITHERRORHANDLING(PAINTEVENTARG S E, INT16 LAYER, BOOLEAN DISPOSEEVENTARGS)
IN SYSTEM.WINDOWSFORMS.CONTROL.WMPAINT(MESSAGE& M)
IN SYSTEM.WINDOWSFORMS.CONTROL.WNDPROC(MESSAGE& M)
IN SYSTEM.WINDOWSFORMS.CONTROL.CONTROLNATIVEWINDOW.ONMESSAGE(MESSAGE& M)
IN SYSTEM.WINDOWSFORMS.CONTROL.CONTROLNATIVEWINDOW.WNDPROC(MESSAGE& M)
IN SYSTEM.WINDOWS.FORMS.NATIVEWINDOW.CALLBACK(INTPTR HWND, INT32 MSG, INTPTR WPARAM, INTPTR IPARAM)

AND I PRESS OK AND THE PROG SHUTS DOWN ... ANYONE KNOWS WHY ....? ... AND MAYBE A WAY ARROUND IT TO MAKE THE CARD WORK ... ?
TY IN ADVANCE ALL ...

THE CURRENT SPEC OF THE SPECIFIC MACHINE THIS TV TUNER IS .... ARE :
ATHLON 64 3800+ X2 CPU
3GB DDR MEM
A8N SLI DELUXE M/B
9500 GT G/F

Solution
I'm having the identical problem after installing the latest drivers AND application. The driver appears to work because I see a few seconds of good video after the error occurs. It's the application that is crashing, not the device driver. Windows Media Center will not work with this device on a 64 bit system. The PCTV_MCE application says so when trying to install it. I think only Avid (they bought Pinnacle) is going to solve the problem. Their "New Case" window doesn't have the PCTV product to select so I don't know what they're going to support. If anyone has a solution, great. If not, I'll have to use the device on a 32 bit system. I'll probably have to get a PCI or PCIe tuner card anyway because I want two tuners.

All upper is...

Jonmor68

Distinguished
Firstly, do you have a problem with your keyboard? no, then turn the caps lock off.
It's rude and hard to read.
Have you downloaded the latest software from Pinnacle? is it only the software not working or the tv card as well.
The Pinnacle software is not needed to make the card work, if the driver is installed ok then the Windows Media Center can be used for viewing and recording tv.
Run the Media Center and go to tv settings, if it finds the tuner card, then you can run the scan for channels.
If you go to the Control Panel and locate the Device Manager, find Sound, video and game controllers, click on the arrow alongside the speaker icon to display the list of devices.
If your capture card is listed without any yellow stickers attached, your driver is working.

autryld

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
I'm having the identical problem after installing the latest drivers AND application. The driver appears to work because I see a few seconds of good video after the error occurs. It's the application that is crashing, not the device driver. Windows Media Center will not work with this device on a 64 bit system. The PCTV_MCE application says so when trying to install it. I think only Avid (they bought Pinnacle) is going to solve the problem. Their "New Case" window doesn't have the PCTV product to select so I don't know what they're going to support. If anyone has a solution, great. If not, I'll have to use the device on a 32 bit system. I'll probably have to get a PCI or PCIe tuner card anyway because I want two tuners.

All upper is usually annoying but I think the poster left caps lock on because the error message was so huge and full of mixed case.

Solution

theallien

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
firstly i d like to apologize for the caps .... it was purely to make the error clearer to readers and afterward after i typed the post i realized i had left the caps on ... sorry .... ;-)

secondly ty Jonmor68 for your reply but to clarify things the driver seems to work fine (at least it is recognized by win fine and is represented fine) the software initially seems to work fine through all of the setup process it even finds channels but when i try to view ..... it crashes .... sometimes it even works OK in the viewing stage ... but after a while a cracking continuous noise is heard ... and then if i try to mute the sound from the program it crashes again .... and i cannot "unmuted" so i came in to the conclusion that is either the prog that is crashing ( most probable}... or that is a weird driver incompatibility issue.

autryld ty for your post very enlightening and even more depressing ;-) could u please send me a link with that new case window and as u said if there is a solution out there great otherwise i will have to use it on a 32bit system ...... ty both for your replies ... i hope this thread will come to a fruitful and good outcome. ;-)

autryld

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
I have to correct myself. I allowed the error to remain on the screen and was able to channel 2. However, I could not change channels or use any controls. As soon as I dismissed the error window the application was killed.

The new case window is the means I used to open a ticket with Avid. It states more or less what I've stated here. There is also a forum on the site, but I couldn't find much useful there.

autryld

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
I received an email from Avid Customer Support. Apparently, Pinnacle was split into two entities when they changed hands. The tuner hardware business went to PCTV Systems.

Here's the reply:
"Hi,

Thank you for contacting Pinnacle Support.We appreciate you writing to us.

I apologize for the inconvenience. The PCTV product line was acquired by another company called PCTV Systems and they now handle support for your product. I will give you information on how to contact them. There are two support options (1) their phone number is: (631) 434- 3197 or (2) you can go to their web site at http://www.pctvsystems.com and then click on Support."

Good luck, everyone.

Julian3

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Hello autryld,

Deactivate the OSD in the settings.

The solution can be found at:
http://www.blogmi.be/2009/10/30/pinnacle-pctv-windows-7/
using Google translation tool from Netherlands langague (I think) to get details.

Like you, I had the "System.ArgumentException" and "System.Drawing.Graphics.scaleTransform" etc problem with TVCenter Pro 5.4.1 on Windows 7 x64 and Pinnacle PCTV 310i internal PCI card. I really wonder why pctvsysems has not provided you with a such a simple workaround. It has taken me several hours (installing, desinstalling, drivers change, consulting English websites...) to find this.

I also had a TODO <File description> error. A simple workaround is to set "Windows Vista" compatibility on COMAP.EXE file in the C:\Users\[your accound name]\AppData\Local\Temp folder. Do not worry the tunning will remains even if the file is deleted and recreated. This solution can be found at :
http://www.arcsoft.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3204

Regards
Julian3

euphomus

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Genius Julian3!

Open TVCenter Pro Settings, go into Display, uncheck "Enable OSD", and click Apply.

Just upgraded to 32-bit Windows7 and I can confirm that this fix resolves the error discussed in this forum.

Thanks for the help

euphomus

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Adding a screenshot to save time:

200911192255Enable%20OSD.PNG

autryld

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009

I haven't taken the time to apply the fix like I said I would, but it's great that someone confirmed it works. I will definitely, possibly get to it this weekend. LOL

sarfrazhermit

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009
hi friends i have pinnacle pctv 110i capture device i installed window7 64build 7600 i can her sound but cant see any video.. even in media center..when i put for can i am getting all channels but only sound no video..plz any one help me out

G

I have just applied the fix (Disable OSD) and things have been rosy ever since! Thanks everyone you've ended a week long Windows 7 created headache!

G

Thanks, it was really simply. I had worked with this problem 2 days

Auldthief

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I have a similar problem. Running Windows 7 with a 110i Tuner card. It was working pretty well up until a few months ago till (I suspect) automatic updates happened and I lost live TV. Now, after much trial and error with drivers from various dates and versions of PCTV application, I am able to view live tv on the PCTV app but no cigar with Media center. It just tells me very coldly that I have no TV tuner installed. :-| I cant find any updates except a few that added/ updated a few internet radio stations on the PCTV apps. I have also tried to install the PCTV MCE application but it fails telling me that it is not compatible with my TV tuner make, or that I do not have a TV tuner. Can someone who has live tv working with this tuner under windows 7 media center please tell me the exact version number of the PCTV and PCTV MCE application that works with Windows 7?

G

Thanks for the help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.