TV connected to S-video

Mike

Splendid

I have a Dell 8400 with a Radeon x300 video card. Attached to the DVI
output is my Dell FP1901 which is my main monitor. Attached my 32"
television (CRT) using a S-video cable and get an image of just my
wallpaper as it appears on my monitor except with no icons, taskbar or
cursor. I would like to clone my monitor onto the tv, but all of the
instructions don't match up with the choices I'm getting.
Went to Display.....Settings....Advanced (in both tv and
1901fp)....ATI Displays..........but get no option to choose cloning.

One of my goals is to be able to watch DVD movies on my tv as they
appear on my monitor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Mike

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:03:09 -0500, Mike <reply@newsgroup.pls> wrote:

>I have a Dell 8400 with a Radeon x300 video card. Attached to the DVI
>output is my Dell FP1901 which is my main monitor. Attached my 32"
>television (CRT) using a S-video cable and get an image of just my
>wallpaper as it appears on my monitor except with no icons, taskbar or
>cursor. I would like to clone my monitor onto the tv, but all of the
>instructions don't match up with the choices I'm getting.
> Went to Display.....Settings....Advanced (in both tv and
>1901fp)....ATI Displays..........but get no option to choose cloning.
>
>One of my goals is to be able to watch DVD movies on my tv as they
>appear on my monitor.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thank you!
>
>Mike

Do you have the "extend my desktop to this monitor" checkbox checked?

Kirk

"Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly

Mike

Splendid

'Captain' Kirk DeHaan wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:03:09 -0500, Mike <reply@newsgroup.pls> wrote:
>

>>I have a Dell 8400 with a Radeon x300 video card. Attached to the DVI
>>output is my Dell FP1901 which is my main monitor. Attached my 32"
>>television (CRT) using a S-video cable and get an image of just my
>>wallpaper as it appears on my monitor except with no icons, taskbar or
>>cursor. I would like to clone my monitor onto the tv, but all of the
>>instructions don't match up with the choices I'm getting.
>> Went to Display.....Settings....Advanced (in both tv and
>>1901fp)....ATI Displays..........but get no option to choose cloning.
>>
>>One of my goals is to be able to watch DVD movies on my tv as they
>>appear on my monitor.
>>
>>Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>Thank you!
>>
>>Mike
>

> Do you have the "extend my desktop to this monitor" checkbox checked?
>

> Kirk
>
> "Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly

Yes, it is checked. Even temporarly making it my primary monitor showed
only the wallpaper and the Display Properties window (and cursor) but
nothing else.

Mike