TV display works sometimes (seems random)

TakeAPhilPill

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
I just bought an amd radeon hd 6450 pci express for an old dell el1850-01e to play some older games with my kids and display to my 47" LG 47LS4500. The connection is a dvi d dual to hdmi on the tv. Catalyst is updated. Sometimes (about 15%), i boot the computer and tv, and everything is perfect. About 10% of the time, unplugging the hdmi and plugging it back in the same port suddenly makes the screen pop up. The other 75% of the time, the computer seems to boot fine (familiar clicks and beeps), but no picture no matter how much i fiddle and swap ports on the tv. Ps4s work fine on different cables (hdmihdmi) but same tv port. Card is not overclocked or blocked in. Once i get the picture to come up, it will stay that way all day no matter how hard i push the gpu, so i dont think its heat. Im starting to think it has something to do with this ebay cable, but i would think id get NO signal, not spotty, random, ill-get-to-it-when-i-feel-like-it detection/communication. Btw, my tv always does detect the computer's presence, but only will display on certain days when the wind blows south and the moon is at 1st quarter. Please help! LG gave me the usual bs answer of checking if hdmi1 was the hdmi i was using (durr) and referred me to the user manual. Thank you microsoft answer. I thought i could get a great old game system for family fun for $50, but now im getting frustrated