[SOLVED] TV doesn’t recognize new pc on pre-os boot

Oct 13, 2019
So after watching LTT videos for like a year I finally got the balls to build my own pc. The build is as follows
Asrock B450 Pro 4 mobo
Ryzen 5 3600
corsair CX550 psu
used RX Vega 56
16gb geil Evo Potentate memory
1tb crucial pcie ssd ( in ultra m.2 slot)
Corsair Carbide 275R case
Now I don’t have a monitor so I plugged it into my Samsung tv via HDMI. There’s a slight initial response followed by a “nothing detected” notification. I haven’t installed windows yet and don’t know how I could in this case. Is it my TV or the way I set things up that’s causing this issue? Thanks

Solution
You need this minimum on a mobo to make it boot into bios:

CPU
A single ram block
A graphics (video) adapter, either built in to the mobo, or external in a PCIe slot.

...and a suitable monitor to look at any reactions from mobo.

You may remove all drives, keyboard, mouse and extra ram modules, to have the minimum setup which should end up with bios screen when booted.
Ridding these components they wont fool you if you have troubles starting up in bios.

The "nothing detected" on-screen message means the monitor can not see any data on the HDMI input.
No surprise as the mobo does not seem to wake up.

Follow the bench test in the sticky found on top of the hardware forum.
It should bring you down to the problem.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
You need this minimum on a mobo to make it boot into bios:

CPU
A single ram block
A graphics (video) adapter, either built in to the mobo, or external in a PCIe slot.

...and a suitable monitor to look at any reactions from mobo.

You may remove all drives, keyboard, mouse and extra ram modules, to have the minimum setup which should end up with bios screen when booted.
Ridding these components they wont fool you if you have troubles starting up in bios.

The "nothing detected" on-screen message means the monitor can not see any data on the HDMI input.
No surprise as the mobo does not seem to wake up.

Follow the bench test in the sticky found on top of the hardware forum.
It should bring you down to the problem.

Solution