beeko

Commendable
Oct 28, 2018
Hello

I'm using a TV with a computer and when I use native resolution 1920x1080, the image goes offscreen by maybe 2-3cm each side. I know there is this "resize" tool on nvidia settings but when I use it, the resolution is something like 1864x1022 and it's not the native resolution and it hurts my eyes to play with that. I have tried all settings on TV side and only thing I can find affecting this problem is aspect ratio where is a option called "over scan" but when I select it, it scales the image correctly but it hurts my eyes again, it just doesn't look as good as native resolution... I've red online that some people have fixed this problem renaming the input to "PC" or something but there is no option to rename inputs on my TV. There is a PC input in this monitor but it's a VGA connection so I assume it's not as good as using HDMI cable... Is there anything I can do for this problem or do I have to buy a new monitor?

TV: Grundig 32" VLC 6123 T2
Mobo: gigabyte ga-h77m-d3h
Memory: adata 8gb + kingston 8gb 1333mhz
PSU: corsair tx 550m
GPU: nvidia geforce 1060 gaming x 6gb
SSD: samsung 760 evo + HDD seagate barracuda 2tb

beeko

Commendable
Oct 28, 2018
If I select the "resize" tool with nvidia settings, it did set it to 50hz but I managed to adjust the settings so that it is at 60hz. When I select "overscan" on the tv side, the hz doesn't change at all

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Oh ok. Well the over scan setting is what's needed to adjust screen properly, nothing else untoward. It's a shame your eye's cant adjust to it. Most if not all TVs have over scan.

If Hz is already at 60, not sure what good CRU (Custom resolution utility) will do but something to try I guess.

beeko

Commendable
Oct 28, 2018
Thanks for your answer. Can you tell me what kind of television does not do this? I mean if I buy a new TV, how do I know it doesn't have the same problem... I've red online that alot tv's do this with HDMI input... The overscan in my TV squeezes the pixels somehow and it just doesn't look "native" or as good... When I use this native resolution, my eyes rest when I look this screen but when I have overscan enabled, it really just hurts my eyes