[SOLVED] TV has 2 HDMI Input slots ,how do i connect a projector so projector displays what TV displays (buying a projector ,making sure all works))

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Hi ,My Android TV has 2 HDMI input slots and one RCA cable slots and i think all are input slots

So how do i connect or rather output a signal to my projector that it displays my tv's picture and netflix and stuff on it as i'm not sure those Input slots will work to output a signal ?

I'm buying a projector so just want to make sure everything works and i dont end up with a brick

Thanks

Solution
You would hook both the TV and projector to the same source, even if that means getting an HDMI splitter box/cable. The TV will not act as a signal source (unless it specifically mentions that it can, can't think of any off hand that do) Some computer monitors have outputs for daisy chaining multiple screens together.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You would hook both the TV and projector to the same source, even if that means getting an HDMI splitter box/cable. The TV will not act as a signal source (unless it specifically mentions that it can, can't think of any off hand that do) Some computer monitors have outputs for daisy chaining multiple screens together.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
What is the current input source for the Android TV?

From that source run a cable with a splitter: Then one branch to Android TV and the other branch to the projector.

Source ------ HDMI cable ------> Splitter ------- HDMI Cable 1 -----> Android TV and HDMI Cable 2 -----> Projector.

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
What is the current input source for the Android TV?

From that source run a cable with a splitter: Then one branch to Android TV and the other branch to the projector.

Source ------ HDMI cable ------> Splitter ------- HDMI Cable 1 -----> Android TV and HDMI Cable 2 -----> Projector.
thanks ,basically the TV is standalone running Netflix and other streaming services via wifi using the inbuilt apps

I'm basically buying 2 projectors ,one for my gaming pc for single player games and one for my parents who have a 32 inch Smart Android TV which is the aforementioned TV for projector

Perhaps i can get them a cheap Android Box ,it will run basically all streaming apps and do have an output HDMI slot

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Hey ,thanks
As mentioned to the other kind person who commented ,i would also like to write the same to you as well

basically the TV is standalone running Netflix and other streaming services via wifi using the inbuilt apps

I'm basically buying 2 projectors ,one for my gaming pc for single player games and one for my parents who have a 32 inch Smart Android TV which is the aforementioned TV for projector

Perhaps i can get them a cheap Android Box ,it will run basically all streaming apps and do have an output HDMI slot