INTEL 2.4 OCd to 2.7 Ghz
ABIT GF4 Ti4600 Board
1 GB Main Memory
120 GB Hard Drive
DVD Read/Writer
CD Read Writer
Creative Sound
XP OS

What is the least expensive route to add a TV IN (with a tuner) so that I can capture a program from a Direct TV cable, edit it and record it on DVD for later viewing. Can I get the cheapest ATI AIW Board and only use it for the video capture, but still use the 4600 for Graphics, or am I stuck having to completely replace the 4600 with an ATI AIW 8500 to get close to 4600 performance, or ??

Thanks, Bill

tersagun

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
I don't know that you can use AIW's like a TV-Tuner but are u planning to plugging the cheap-AIW when you want to watch TV and then unplug it and plug the GeForce for gaming? Hýmm, it's too complicated dude!

<b>Before getting angry to the (d)evil, just think about who CREATED it!</b> :mad:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Take a look at <A HREF="http://www.leadtek.com/mmedia/tv2000xp/tv2000xp.htm" target="_new">this</A>.

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.

tersagun

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
Wauw! How did you find it Intel-Man?! It's really cool.

<b>Before getting angry to the (d)evil, just think about who CREATED it!</b> :mad:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Don't blame AMD_Man, Fatburger had been suggesting these for quite a while.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Lots of companies carry TV-Tuner cards. Many even include remotes! ATI makes the TV-Wonder (but there are still problems reported with XP drivers), Hauppauge caries a complete line of cards with various features (even FM and digital TV compatability), Creative carries the Digital VCR, etc. Supposedly the best tuners are the digital ones (the ones without the big metal encased analog tuner), and some of these cards (Like the Creative Digital VCR) have a built in MPEG 2 encoder.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>