TV monitor to PC

DiFenucci

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
Hello, i'll start of by telling you my screens brand/name/etc
Kenmark HD ready digital lcd tv.
model no. 22LD03D

the problem: Ugly screen performance.. searched the internet and saw i had to change the HDMI settings for my Screen to PC and i can't seem to see how to freaking do this? anyone knows how to do this?? also if you have another solution that'd be great.

Solution

That's how TV's work when used with a PC. There is a big difference between PC monitors and Television displays, distorted images and crappy text are part of that. That model is a relatively cheap one too, so its picture wont be very good at all...

Xyos

Distinguished
Looks like that TV only outputs 720p, I could be mistaken though I cant find any real information on it. Television displays are not like computer monitors. They have scaling and display issues.

Normally you just plug in your Computer via a cable (in this case HDMI), switch the TV to HDMI mode and you are set. Sometimes the display needs to be adjusted via your graphics card settings on the PC to scale properly too (like for instance if the image does not fit).

DiFenucci

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

well i have scaled it and all, i can try to put it to 720p. but the main problem is just it looks real fuzzy and ugly sometimes especially on highest resolution, then i'm not able to read the little UI.. etc.

is it really not possible to change the hdmi name to PC??

DiFenucci

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

yes i'm using resolution 1080p but when i use 720 turns out not everything fits on the screen and looks big and ugly..

Xyos

Distinguished

That's how TV's work when used with a PC. There is a big difference between PC monitors and Television displays, distorted images and crappy text are part of that. That model is a relatively cheap one too, so its picture wont be very good at all...

Solution

DiFenucci

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

any cheap good pc monitors for sale anywhere then??

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

http://www.amazon.com/VS228H-P-22-Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B005BZNDOO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1420229791&sr=8-3&keywords=pc+monitor+1080

im not sure what size but this one goes from 22-27 inch with not much of a price increase and it has solid reviews and a nice price