Question TV mount for a clay wall

Yavuz_2

Honorable
Mar 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

I live in Germany, in a really old house that has walls out of clay and wood. Now I want to mount a 65" Samsung TV on the wall. I am not sure which mount and which screws I need for this kind of wall. Any ideas ?

Image of the wall

Ralston18

Titan
Wall appears to be either plywood or perhaps OSB (Oriented Strand Board). I cannot tell how thick the wood is nor the condition of the wood, does not appear good.

The only certainty is that if you mount the TV per the manufacturer's instructions that by no means will absolve you in any way if the TV falls.

Are you able to locate the wall studs? Get a stud finder to help. Hopefully one that will also flag wires and pipes.

That should be the starting point.

There are any number of mounting methods but methods that use the wall studs are much more preferred.

And you probably will need to watch out for wires and pipes within the walls.

Find out more about the wall and then take another look at the installation guidelines.

Yavuz_2

Honorable
Mar 11, 2017
Sadly the studs are not exactly in the position I want to mount tv on.

The wall has multiple layers. Really old style, Stud and clay bricks. On top of that 2 cm thick clay & hay plaster. On top of that WW Board (mineral bonded wood wool board) and the last layer is lime-sand-plaster also 2 cm thick.

Ralston18

Titan
Seconding @Alabalcho - stand-alone TV mount.

The wall you describe is likely to be problematic. And if, for some reason, the TV needed to be moved on the wall then the wall would be even more degraded.

Not uncommon to discover that after using some permanent wall mount that reflections and glare make the screen un-viewable. Seasonal related.

A floor stand is much less risky and can be moved about if and as necessary.