TV Out on Inspiron 8600?

Hi,

I have a second hand INspirion 8600 laptop, which I believe has composite
video out. I am missing the cable tho :(

Is the socket a standard s-video out, in which case I can use the composite
out lead that came with my desktop geforce card, or do I need a special Dell
lead?

Does anyone know where to get the Dell lead in the UK please? Ive tried
emailing and ringing Dell, but they are useless!

thanks

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Ebay
"George Styles" <usenet@ripnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a second hand INspirion 8600 laptop, which I believe has composite
> video out. I am missing the cable tho :(
>
> Is the socket a standard s-video out, in which case I can use the
> composite out lead that came with my desktop geforce card, or do I need a
> special Dell lead?
>
> Does anyone know where to get the Dell lead in the UK please? Ive tried
> emailing and ringing Dell, but they are useless!
>
> thanks

Pelle

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

"George Styles" <usenet@ripnet.co.uk> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi,
>
> I have a second hand INspirion 8600 laptop, which I believe has composite
> video out. I am missing the cable tho :(
>
> Is the socket a standard s-video out, in which case I can use the
> composite out lead that came with my desktop geforce card, or do I need a
> special Dell lead?
>
> Does anyone know where to get the Dell lead in the UK please? Ive tried
> emailing and ringing Dell, but they are useless!
>
> thanks

You need an s-video-composite rca adapter....they r cheap

Pelle

thanks :)