Question TV Plugged into computer goes static when I go to netflix or prime video

Josh Bazely

Prominent
Feb 4, 2020
Hi,

So every time I go to Netflix, prime video, crunchyroll etc... on my computer, my TV that I use as my secondary monitor flickers then just goes to static, and the display disconnects.
It is connected via HDMI, and only a single HDMI port from my GPU works for some reason. This is super annoying because I got this TV to watch Netflix on.

I had done some research before and most people said it was an issue with DHCP or something.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model TV? Does the TV work as a secondary monitor when browsing, gaming, running apps?

Does the TV work when not connected to your computer?

How are you selecting/configuring the TV as secondary monitor?

If you press "WIN" + "P" what PROJECT option is configured: PC screen only, Duplicate, Extend, Second screen only?

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model TV? Does the TV work as a secondary monitor when browsing, gaming, running apps?

Does the TV work when not connected to your computer?

How are you selecting/configuring the TV as secondary monitor?

If you press "WIN" + "P" what PROJECT option is configured: PC screen only, Duplicate, Extend, Second screen only?
These are good good questions, especially the fourth question, but what other options did you consider before connecting via GPU?

Ralston18

Titan
@Windows22

Are you asking the question to OP or to me?

If to me - which logically seems to be the case (i.e.,"fourth question").

I started based on what OP presented. There is, perhaps, the possibility that iGPU could be used but before suggesting that possibility it is helpful to determine if iGPU is even supported.

Many TV's with multiple ports need the end user to select the active/input video port. Usually via some menu system on the TV.

Likewise for many monitors as well.

System hardware and TV/monitor specs are needed.

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
@Windows22

Are you asking the question to OP or to me?

If to me - which logically seems to be the case (i.e.,"fourth question").

I started based on what OP presented. There is, perhaps, the possibility that iGPU could be used but before suggesting that possibility it is helpful to determine if iGPU is even supported.

Many TV's with multiple ports need the end user to select the active/input video port. Usually via some menu system on the TV.

Likewise for many monitors as well.

System hardware and TV/monitor specs are needed.
Apologies Ralston18, the question was directed at the OP. I was asking whether or not he can use VGA seeing as he has not mentioned the tv model. Thank you for responding so quickly.