TV Power Supply problem

fiberdani

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
So I have a problem, my TV won't start, the power LED is off. It was taking few tries to turn it on, but slowly it refused to start at all. I took a peak at the power supply and I hear a clicking noise, even when it's unplugged from the wall it does the clicking noise for a couple of minutes. I accidentally discharged the big capacitor by touching with the screwdriver what you see in the picture in the black square, when I tried to measure where the board keeps power in when it's turned off. The TV started working with no problems after that discharge for a couple of days, but the problem came back. More exactly I touched the fuse or whatever that is with the big radiator near it. The ticking noise looks to come somewhere from the red square. All the capacitors look fine, they don't have any buldge or leaking fluids around them, from both the power board and.. the other green board.

The TV is an old 20 inch LCD TV TXT from Maxwell, with the following things wrote on the back:
Model: LCD 20 TXT
Power Supply: 220-240V ~50hz 70W
- 10050685 0705 700061
- SN 6203223 700061
- 10050685 0705

Thanks... I'd appreciate any type of help.

http://imgur.com/4BrHBFI

Solution
chances are the florescent tubes are going bad. guessing off hand its easier for it to turn on when its been on awhile verses you trying to turn it on first thing in the morning.