Question TV Recommenndations (Basic Non-Smart TV's) ?

c5d

Aug 5, 2022
Okay so I bought the JVC 47" with PIP and OTA Tuner (Model JLC47BC3000) and loved it, it lasted me from mid-2000's till about 10 or 12 years later when I thunderstorm struck near us and blew the board.

I don't have the JVC anymore and it's impossible to find it or I'd buy it again.

I then bought as a replacement a HiSense 55" Android TV, NEVER Again and a replacement to that I'd bought a 32" Samsung M7 Smart Monitor.

Yet I really want to go back to and find just a basic HiDef Tv with no smart app's, cause from what I've found those damn things cause the lifespan of the tv to e shortended or become super laggy, so if I wanted to do that I could always buy a smart stick and plug it in.

For example with the HiSense after about a year and a half's use, the audio would get out of sync with a 5 second delay and sometimes it was impossible to reset the things, I've had better luck using a HDMI Smart Monitor as a TV as opposed to using something like the full fledged HiSense 55" Android 4.4.4 product.

low end smart TVs are indeed laggy, as they have weak hardware, i do have samsung qled and cpu is overclocked there xD but its smooth

better go to local shop and test those TVs there, theres nothing better then your own user experience

c5d

Aug 5, 2022
That's just it, I don't want to be forced to opt in for a smart tv. If I want those features I'll buy the component myself to make it so.

Forget a phase out!

hang-the-9

Titan
Mar 25, 2010
That's just it, I don't want to be forced to opt in for a smart tv. If I want those features I'll buy the component myself to make it so.

Forget a phase out!
I can't really think of a TV offhand that does not have built in applications now. It's like looking for a 3:4 ratio monitor. You can probably find used ones for sale though.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS