TV resolution not fitting

Timothy Peters

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014
So, recently I have purchased a new computer. The computer is perfectly fine, but my screen isn't fitting correctly, and my native screen resolution is 1776x1000, but my computer is saying otherwise. It actually won't even let me set it to 1776x1000! The computer is an HP Pavilion with Intel HD Graphics 4400. My previous computer is a Gatewaywith AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon HD 8400 Graphics. They are both running Windows 8, and the same TV(Samsung 32-42 inch, I think :/ ). The only difference other than the computers is that the HP Pavilion did not have an HDMI port. I had to purchase and equip a VGA cable(fat cable for TVs). The computer did have a port for this. I don't know what the problem is, and if someone can help me, I'd be very grateful. Please, help! :(

Also, if you would require more information at the slightest, then please tell me, and I will get back to you ASAP.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I've never seen an HDTV with a native resolution of 1776x1000. It isn't a standard resolution; at least not in the US. Do you know the model of that Samsung?
Have you tried using a DVI input/output instead of HDMI?
Does the graphics Intel control panel offer setting custom resolutions?

TRENDING THREADS