tv screen with gray screen

moviegirl12

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
When vizio tv is turn on a grey screen appears and, there is also no sound either. Plus turning the tv on and off dosen't help.

Solution
MY LG TV's will do the same thing but generally when the TV has power without some input source. I.e., the remote button that normally turns on/off the cable box and television gets out of sync and only one or the other turns on.

Need to manually power down the TV to restore order. Happens more as the remote batteries weaken. Or if the remote is moving while trying to go from on to off (or vice versa).

Have also noted that one of the DVD players will turn on the TV from time to time. Usually if the DVD player is touched to open or close the tray.

Try new batteries in the remote. Clean the sensors on the TV/cable box/ DVD player along with the transmitter on the remote. See if you can get thngs back into snyc. Then watch for...

Ralston18

Titan
MY LG TV's will do the same thing but generally when the TV has power without some input source. I.e., the remote button that normally turns on/off the cable box and television gets out of sync and only one or the other turns on.

Need to manually power down the TV to restore order. Happens more as the remote batteries weaken. Or if the remote is moving while trying to go from on to off (or vice versa).

Have also noted that one of the DVD players will turn on the TV from time to time. Usually if the DVD player is touched to open or close the tray.

Try new batteries in the remote. Clean the sensors on the TV/cable box/ DVD player along with the transmitter on the remote. See if you can get thngs back into snyc. Then watch for the combination of events that undo the sync.

Check the User Manual/Guide also. See if there is some event that automatically turns on the TV sans input.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS