Question TV shuts down immediately after turning it on

Dec 24, 2018
Hello. I have some Samsung TV (LE37M86BD) and it acts funny, I'm not sure if I should be concerned.

When I turn it on it will turn itself off immediately, after a split second of showing stuff on the screen. The screen doesn't go black, the TV turns off. I power it up again and it does that again. After doing playing ball with it back and forth like that it will eventually start showing picture longer, for a few seconds and finally after around 3-5 minutes of doing this gimmick it will work normally, until I turn it off for a longer period of time.

My question is should I be worried? Will this get worse? Cause I can easily put up with this sassy behavior of it, my concern is if it will get worse where eventually it will not turn on at all or I'm gonna have to toy with it for longer and longer to the point where I'll stop being okay with it.

It's probably some power supply issue but I don't get why it starts working eventually instead of being faulty entirely.

Thanks in advance for replies.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I had an issue like this with a Samsung TV and cannot remember if it was a capacitor or a resistor...just seriously like a .14$ part and a soldering iron and it has worked great ever since.

Do a search on that model and see if you find a commonality.

I don't get why it starts working eventually instead of being faulty entirely.
Lets say a capacitor has lost its ability to charge very rapidly, but as u keep tweaking it, it starts to charge little by little, then after 10 cycles, BAM, it crosses that threshold where it has now enough juice to fire up. Silly electronics!

Is sick dude. Either decide whether you have the skill and patience to try to do something about it, or save up when it finally goes ka-poof.

Dec 24, 2018
Hey guys, for all the help. It was actually very helpful but I feel like I have to bump this. I followed your advices and replaced a few blown capacitors, everything was and fine dandy until two days ago. The TV turns on fine but something I'm afraid worse happens. This, to be precise.

View: https://youtu.be/cno9Pve4kXk

The bottom part of the screen freezes and some weird red lines start showin, then the TV slowly turns darker darker. Eventually everything goes back to normal until the next time I turn off the TV and want to use it again later. Is there some DIY repair method for this? I think it looks more serious.