TV Tuner Cards: ATI vs Leadtek on WinXP

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
I read reviews that ATI TV Tuner Cards don't work well in Windows XP and that the Leadtek Winfast TV 2000XP works just great in Windows XP. The problem is the Leadtek Winfast 2000XP doesn't have the "timeshift" feature, you cannot pause live TV! That's a big drawback. So which card is better taking into consideration that Windows XP is used?

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
Well I did buy the Leadtek Winfast TV 2000XP too! it works awesome and never crashed on me on my WinXP. You can surf and load all your internet programs while watching...works very well and smooth. !!!TIMESHIFT MISSING!!!
I read reviews that ATI TV tuners don't work well with XP..too bad coz actually it has more useful and awesome features than Winfast TV 2000XP...I want TIMESHIFT!!! oh well at least we have FM... :^p

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Well, you could've just used my patch....

<A HREF="http://members.rogers.com/amd_man/atifix5.zip" target="_new">Link</A>

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

fulgore_123

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
Hmmmmmm,
Hey, I'm using ati radeon8500dv in my computer with winxp and haven't had a crash yet. May be its because of the sis 735 chipset or not, I don't know, but it's rock solid. The guy who sold me the ati card said that it wouldn't work with winxp, but it's not true. Time shifting works like a charm.

:cool: Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we can get

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
too bad! I already bought the Leadtek...anyway so far the only thing missing is timeshift and it really doesn't matter much...I need more recording than pause or replay...ah someday I'll change back to ATI! oh why oh why did I doubt ATI! hehe...now I don't have guideplus too!

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
there prolly is a big difference from the R8500DV and the TV Wonder...one PRICE...hehe...I don't have enough money to buy R8500DV...I just read somewhere that the TV Wonder doesn't do well in WinXP...oh well...up until now it's not really nice to watch TV on a PC monitor so my TV tuner card will serve as recording platform....