Hi

Has anyone any experince on TV tuners in laptops running XP Pro - are they
lokely to work, any good? I know little about them, would I for example be
able to get TV on the train?

Thanks

You'll need to install a PCMCIA TV tuner card.

Example:
http://www.aver.com/products/tvtuner_avertv_cardbus.shtml

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Alex H" wrote:

| Hi
|
| Has anyone any experince on TV tuners in laptops running XP Pro - are they
| lokely to work, any good? I know little about them, would I for example be
| able to get TV on the train?
|
| Thanks

Mary

No, you would not get tv reception on a train. You have to connect the tuner
to cable or antenna.

Mary wrote:
> No, you would not get tv reception on a train. You have to connect
> the tuner to cable or antenna.

So theoretically, you could hook up a set of rabbit ears and get TV
reception on trains while they were above ground. I know I used to
watch TV on NJTransit, so TV reception is possible with an antenna on a
commuter train.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Alex H wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone any experince on TV tuners in laptops running XP Pro - are they
> lokely to work,

Yes, at least some of them.

any good?

Not all are equal. The better ones work more than adequately.

> I know little about them, would I for example be
> able to get TV on the train?

You need an antenna of some sorts, as the tuner alone does not
magically pull signals out of the air. Depending on where you are,
rabbit ears may suffice, though reception is often a problem in moving
vehicles.

TRENDING THREADS