[SOLVED] Tv turned black and nothing will appear

shadow8378

Prominent
Feb 15, 2018
I was playing a game on my console the screen turned red like a filter for a second then black and nothing would appear menu volume game etc.

It isn't my HDMI or console, tried turning it off and on, unplugging it for awhile did nothing. I read somewhere to shine a light on it to see if there's a faint picture -- nothing.

I noticed if the light level in game got brighter the screen would as well. The only thing I could notice was a small green dot in the bottom left of the screen about one millimeter away from the edge
Samsung model : UN50J5200AFXZC

Solution
If the screen is COMPLETELY BLACK (no internal HDTV OSD menus, or ANYTHING displayed at all...)
Could be a myriad of different things...burned-out LED backlighting, blown panel, blown internal HDTV power supply, blown buffer boards, blown control board(s), fried Main Control Board (the ''brains'')...
Any power droops, surges, brown-outs or BLACKOUTS lately?
Is it ''flashing codes'' on the ''power on'' LED?
Have you tried hooking the system up to another HDTV/monitor?

ChevetteSCx

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
If the screen is COMPLETELY BLACK (no internal HDTV OSD menus, or ANYTHING displayed at all...)
Could be a myriad of different things...burned-out LED backlighting, blown panel, blown internal HDTV power supply, blown buffer boards, blown control board(s), fried Main Control Board (the ''brains'')...
Any power droops, surges, brown-outs or BLACKOUTS lately?
Is it ''flashing codes'' on the ''power on'' LED?
Have you tried hooking the system up to another HDTV/monitor?

Solution