Question TV used as PC monitor keeps blacking out every few seconds when on inverter ?

Jan 15, 2022
Monitor keeps blanking out every few seconds when under inverter power. monitor/tv works fine with inverter when not using pc. newer pc is the problem have older pc works fine with inverter. anyone have an idea how to fix this pc problem? thanks

Jan 15, 2022
What make/ model inverter are you talking about?
What are the power loads of your pc and monitor?
Some more details would be helpful.
inverter is under very little load. everything else including an older pc works fine on it. the monitor in question works fine on it when not connected to this one pc. pc is the problem

Jan 15, 2022
There is a label on the side of the power supply. You would need to open the case.

Understood on the house. Are you running on backup power when this happens? All good when on normal power?
thats correct its all good when on grid power. this pc used to work good on the inverter but not now

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It sounds like the offending PCs PSU is having trouble regulating the power from the inverter.

I saw something similar with a PC with an extended family member. A PC with a particular PSU simply would not run in his crappy home, but others ran just fine. I had to see it, to believe it. Only swapping the PSU worked.

By the way, the same PSU works fine everywhere else I have used it (two other residences).