Question TV used as screen only gives display once the pc is turned off and turned on again

Sep 17, 2019
So, I use a curve Samsung TV as my desktop PC screen. I've been having this weird issue when I turn on my PC for 2 weeks now.

The TV is connected via HDMI directly to my gtx 1070, when I turn on the PC, the screen remains in black, asking for connection, however I know for a fact the TV is identifying a device in that port, since that hdmi port shows up highlighted in the options.

If I force the PC to turn off using the on/off button and then I turn the PC on again , the TV shows image and I can use the PC as usual.

I tried all the ports on the TV, different HDMI cables and the results are the same. I plugged in a different screen (a regular one) and it works fine, when I didnt get display on the TV, I just plugged this screen and I got image inmediatly, with the windows fully loaded and all.

It happens everytime, sometimes I even need to turn on/off the PC 2 times for it to work. I already reinstated windows, clear the BIOS to the manufacturer settings, but im still having the same problem.

Would appreciate any help.

WINDOWS 10 PRO

ASROCK 970 GA 3.1

NVIDIA GTX 1070

AMD 8370

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS