TV vs Monitor for gaming?

Arishok N7

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
I'm looking to upgrade my current monitor and I'm just looking for some good info. I've always thought that a good gaming monitor can't be beaten by any TV. Is this true? Are there any TV's out there that game very well? I have a basic 24 inch 1080p 60hz 2ms monitor. Which is pretty good. With black Friday coming up, I figured why not look into something nicer.

SnowwMann

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014
I would stick with the monitor you have. You can get ones that are 1ms response time, but you won't even notice that slight difference. Don't waste your money unless you are looking to set up multiple monitors.

askara

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
It depend on what you play, but unless you play as a pro in competitive fps game, response time, input lag etc is none issue. i seriously doubt you even feel it. i mean console player connect to a TV and i doubt you find them laggy and unresponsive

My pc is connected to both 60hertz 1080 24" monitor and 42" TV. and let me tell you the graphic difference is huge, the TV looks so good it makes the monitor looks like it is running at lower resolution. if you don't believe me try connecting your pc to a big TV in your living room or something as a test.

But unless you plan to use pc for gaming only i will not recommend a big TV as your monitor, it simply too big and bright to sit close to for long period of time. Your best bet is keep the monitor for general pc work and buy a TV for gaming if you have space