• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question TV vs Monitor for gaming

Jun 6, 2019
Is there much disadvantage in using a tv for gaming rather than a monitor? I know the response times are higher, but i think even a 10ms response would be fine for a 60hz tv, as a 60hz tv only refreshes the images every about 16ms - is that right?
Besides the response time, is there any other delay/lag caused by using a tv for gaming?

Is there much disadvantage in using a tv for gaming rather than a monitor? I know the response times are higher, but i think even a 10ms response would be fine for a 60hz tv, as a 60hz tv only refreshes the images every about 16ms - is that right?
Besides the response time, is there any other delay/lag caused by using a tv for gaming?
TVs have a load f built in crap that increases lag. However you should loo to see if it has a monitor mode or a HDMI input labelled PC or something similar.

Jun 6, 2019
TVs have a load f built in crap that increases lag. However you should loo to see if it has a monitor mode or a HDMI input labelled PC or something similar.
And how much lag does that cause exactly? Is it to the level of unplayable or just a few miliseconds? Also, if a tv has a game mode or something similar, does that actually do a good job at reducing lag?

And how much lag does that cause exactly? Is it to the level of unplayable or just a few miliseconds? Also, if a tv has a game mode or something similar, does that actually do a good job at reducing lag?
I couldn’t play FPS games on a TV due to input lag. It’s a decent chunk.

basically a TV does a lot of processing that a monitor wouldn’t. Having an input that’s a PC input stops all of the post processing which causes input lag.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS