[SOLVED] TV vs Monitor for gaming

Pupq1

Commendable
Jun 6, 2019
Is there much disadvantage in using a tv for gaming rather than a monitor? I know the response times are higher, but i think even a 10ms response would be fine for a 60hz tv, as a 60hz tv only refreshes the images every about 16ms - is that right?
Besides the response time, is there any other delay/lag caused by using a tv for gaming?

Solution
Is there much disadvantage in using a tv for gaming rather than a monitor? I know the response times are higher, but i think even a 10ms response would be fine for a 60hz tv, as a 60hz tv only refreshes the images every about 16ms - is that right?
Besides the response time, is there any other delay/lag caused by using a tv for gaming?
TVs have a load f built in crap that increases lag. However you should loo to see if it has a monitor mode or a HDMI input labelled PC or something similar.
TVs have a load f built in crap that increases lag. However you should loo to see if it has a monitor mode or a HDMI input labelled PC or something similar.

Solution

Pupq1

Commendable
Jun 6, 2019
And how much lag does that cause exactly? Is it to the level of unplayable or just a few miliseconds? Also, if a tv has a game mode or something similar, does that actually do a good job at reducing lag?

And how much lag does that cause exactly? Is it to the level of unplayable or just a few miliseconds? Also, if a tv has a game mode or something similar, does that actually do a good job at reducing lag?
I couldn’t play FPS games on a TV due to input lag. It’s a decent chunk.

basically a TV does a lot of processing that a monitor wouldn’t. Having an input that’s a PC input stops all of the post processing which causes input lag.