TweakUI repair freezes

Whenever I try the "Repair" feature in TweakUI, the program hangs. I've
tried to uninstall and re-install it, but uninstalling returns a scripting
error message that the path cannot be found.

--
Michael

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:29:55 -0700, "Michael Ray Brown"
<velcrofaceNoSpam@yahooNoSpam.com> wrote:

>Whenever I try the "Repair" feature in TweakUI, the program hangs. I've
>tried to uninstall and re-install it, but uninstalling returns a scripting
>error message that the path cannot be found.

Do you use TweakUI for WinXP -- or an old Win98 version, that was not designed
to work in WinXP?

--
Mikhail Zhilin
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

Which version are you using?

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Michael Ray Brown wrote:
> Whenever I try the "Repair" feature in TweakUI, the program hangs. I've
> tried to uninstall and re-install it, but uninstalling returns a scripting
> error message that the path cannot be found.

It's the latest version (2.1) for Windows XP SP1 and higher. Recently on
another software installation I received an error message from the Windows
Scripting Host . Could there be some problem with the Scripting Host,
whatever that is?

--
Michael

"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
> Which version are you using?
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Michael Ray Brown wrote:
>> Whenever I try the "Repair" feature in TweakUI, the program hangs. I've
>> tried to uninstall and re-install it, but uninstalling returns a
>> scripting error message that the path cannot be found.

kelly

Which repair, Michael?

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

"Michael Ray Brown" <velcrofaceNoSpam@yahooNoSpam.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I try the "Repair" feature in TweakUI, the program hangs. I've
> tried to uninstall and re-install it, but uninstalling returns a scripting
> error message that the path cannot be found.
>
> --
> Michael

kelly

All of them work within XP, Mikhail. :eek:) And great to see you here.

--

"Mikhail Zhilin" <mwz@x.REMOVEx.aha.ru> wrote in message
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:29:55 -0700, "Michael Ray Brown"
> <velcrofaceNoSpam@yahooNoSpam.com> wrote:
>
>>Whenever I try the "Repair" feature in TweakUI, the program hangs. I've
>>tried to uninstall and re-install it, but uninstalling returns a scripting
>>error message that the path cannot be found.
>
> Do you use TweakUI for WinXP -- or an old Win98 version, that was not
> designed
> to work in WinXP?
>
> --
> Mikhail Zhilin
> MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
> http://www.aha.ru/~mwz
> Sorry, no technical support by e-mail.
> Please reply to the newsgroups only.
> ======

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:55:10 -0700, "Michael Ray Brown"
<velcrofaceNoSpam@yahooNoSpam.com> wrote:

>It's the latest version (2.1) for Windows XP SP1 and higher. Recently on
>another software installation I received an error message from the Windows
>Scripting Host . Could there be some problem with the Scripting Host,
>whatever that is?

I would update "Microsoft Windows Script 5.6 (Windows 2000, XP)", see "Script
Downloads" at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnanchor/html/scriptinga.asp

--
Mikhail Zhilin
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
http://www.aha.ru/~mwz
Sorry, no technical support by e-mail.
Please reply to the newsgroups only.
======

Thanks for the tip. So far, I've had no more scripting errors.

--
Michael

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 02:45:24 -0500, "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote:

>All of them work within XP, Mikhail. :eek:)

Yes, you are correct -- but a version for WIn98 was not designed for WinXP
anyhow. ;)

> And great to see you here.
Thank you, Kelly. Me -- too. :)

--
Mikhail Zhilin
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
http://www.aha.ru/~mwz
Sorry, no technical support by e-mail.
Please reply to the newsgroups only.
======

Install:-
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP and Windows 2000
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&displaylang=en

regards,
ssg MS-MVP