Question Twitch is picking up every system and other sound from my computer and broadcasting it

realism51

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012
Night Mare kerfluffle. In a nut shell, Whenever I am streaming (game or otherwise), any sound from my computer, be it video, system sound, youtube, it is picked up and broadcasted through twitch. There is no mic feedback going on here. I can literally have everything muted, streaming a game, alt tab to desktop, click a youtube or any other video and that video sound is somehow.

What I have done so far:
I use voicemeeter banana which I have ruled out by disabling it and the audio pickup still happens.
I recently purchased a 2080 super, but removed it and put my old card in and rolled back the drivers, no change.
Disabled every audio input and the problem still there.
tried different browsers, problem still there.
Uninstalled thw windows 10 updates, thinking that edge did something. No change.
Tried different streaming software (Gamecaster my main, OBS, Stream elements, and Streamlabs), the only one that does not broadcast sound is OBS, but it doesnt broadcast any sound. Even with my mic set on default. I have to physically change it to voicemeeter aux for it to pick up my voice, which I have never had to do, but even still it wont broadcast.
I restored my PC to earliest point possible which was 4 weeks prior. no change.
Also turned monitor off to see if it was the culprit, but even with monitor off, it still streamed the audio of a video through twitch.

at my wits end with this. I have covered everything I can think of.

The only anomaly from the other day was I plugged a speaker set into the audio port on rear of mobo to watch a movie on disney plus, then I removed them. And my monitor blitzed when an audio out got plugged into an audio in, but everything is normal.

The Gear:
Windows 10
b450 Tomohawk MOBO
evga 2080 super gpu
2TB HD
1TB SSD
500GB SSD
32GB RAM
Ryzen 3700x cpu

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS