Twitch Offers Affiliate Streamers 5% Revenue Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
Considering Twitch is under no obligation to share any profits at all with streamers, the fact that they're not only volunteering but seemingly jumping at the chance to share the profits with their streamers is very endearing.

branphlakes

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
Twitch = Amazon. Amazon's business model is to grow as fast as possible to dominate market share. They can cut that 5% whenever they choose. In the meantime, it's more important that Twitch become the only streaming platform taken seriously.

KirbyKirby

Reputable
Jun 2, 2016

I'm honestly not sure if that Amazon/Twitch is being more aggressive, or that Google/YouTube went too passive. There are a number of steamers I watch that were broadcasting on YouTube when they were offering premium incentives to stream there. Once YouTube started cutting back almost all of them jumped ship and went to Twitch. I'm not sure if Google decided it wasn't worth the investment or if they figured they were entrenched enough at that point that the incentives were no longer needed.

Th3pwn3r

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
5% is still a joke. Without streamers they have nothing, they're only giving a measly 5% and pocketing 95%, think about that, let it sink in. The only way streamers can make a living is from subs/donations, without those it wouldn't be possible.

KirbyKirby

Reputable
Jun 2, 2016

They're getting 5% of a purchased game. Amazon isn't pocketing 95%, since a large portion goes toward the product itself. And the streamers should get the bulk of their money from subs/donations, because if they only made money on purchases then they would become games salesmen and not streamers. Instead it's just a bonus on the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.