Twitch Rolls Out 1080p 60fps Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy2020

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
It's a shame that twitch has the market share because there's some more technologically sound streaming platforms out there. I hope they manage to catch up.

They are still miles behind Youtube 6Mbps is still too low for 1080p@60 maybe 30 would look alright they do have a larger user base tough but i only stream to youtube as i can just crank it to 50mbps upload and use nvenc on gpu to have excellent quality and have transcoding take care of the quality settings in youtube.

Antonio_34

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
none of it matters until you can do it without a capture card. Hopefully you can offload the work onto your ram/extra cores on cpu's soon as the gpu enabled stream is horrid.

Middleearth1010

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
Streaming on twitch died when they mute your stream God forbid you play any music.even in the background Such BS. I wish I could stream without the censorship due to "copyright" bs.

None of it matters if half of your viewers complain about stutter or pixelation. Streaming at 720p60 and nearly everyone's happy unles its on your end.

They don't mute your stream. It's meant to be a live show and you can play anything you want. They mute the VODs and they've advanced that tech by quite a bit recently from doing 30 minute blocks to just the sections that require muting.

That is one of my major complaints with Twitch. They removed the option for people to watch different quality streams unless you are big time (you must have enough viewers and followers to enable subscriptions + quality options) effectively forcing you to stream low quality for more viewers or go high quality and alienate a large portion of people who don't have the speed.

Not a problem if you are in a country where most people would have high speed internet. Here in the US though there is a gigantic number of people who still only have access to DSL or low quality "broadband".

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I'm very small (10 viewers at most) but SOMETIMES they're able to select the quality of the stream. I believe it happens more often on weekdays, specially if I start streaming before 10pm GMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.