[SOLVED] Two 6+2 pin connectors on one cable for the RTX 3080

MarzZzipan

Commendable
Aug 1, 2019
Ive got an Aerocool 750W Integrator Mod XT Semi Modular PSU that has a cable with two 6+2 pcie connectors on it I've been using a RX580 which requires 14pins and that's been working fine however I'm hopefully switching to a RTX 3080 and I'm wondering if the 2 connectors being on the same cable will cause a problem or should connect the other PCIE cable aswell

Solution
Sorry if I wasn't clear in the question. i wasn't talking about the 12 pin connector. I meant would it be detrimental to the power delivery if i used 1 cable from the PSU to provide the gpu with both 8 pin power or should i use 2 cables

Yeah if your psu comes with cable that can plug into 3080 using one lot of cables think that be OK. I use two sockets on my psu with 2080ti but think you be OK with using the cable but if you want to use two pcie you can
Ive got an Aerocool 750W Integrator Mod XT Semi Modular PSU that has a cable with two 6+2 pcie connectors on it I've been using a RX580 which requires 14pins and that's been working fine however I'm hopefully switching to a RTX 3080 and I'm wondering if the 2 connectors being on the same cable will cause a problem or should connect the other PCIE cable aswell
You get a 12 pin to 2x 6+2 (8) pin adapter with the card.Just plug you psu cables in that adapter and ur all good

MarzZzipan

Commendable
Aug 1, 2019
You get a 12 pin to 2x 6+2 (8) pin adapter with the card.Just plug you psu cables in that adapter and ur all good
Sorry if I wasn't clear in the question. i wasn't talking about the 12 pin connector. I meant would it be detrimental to the power delivery if i used 1 cable from the PSU to provide the gpu with both 8 pin power or should i use 2 cables

Yeah if your psu comes with cable that can plug into 3080 using one lot of cables think that be OK. I use two sockets on my psu with 2080ti but think you be OK with using the cable but if you want to use two pcie you can

Solution