[SOLVED] Two 931gb disk in Diskpart

Cisar

Honorable
May 27, 2014
I'm trying to format a raw hard drive that got damaged, but after list the disk there's a Disk 0 of 931gb and a Disk 1 of 931gb, the only difference I see is an asterisk after the GPT

Diskpart image

How do I know which one is the external hard drive and no the windows os?

Solution
That's the external drive. Its Read Error Rate attribute has fallen below the threshold, so the drive is really sick.

IMO there is no point in trying to format it. I would take it out of service, even though the Power On Hours is only 314. :-(
That's the external drive. Its Read Error Rate attribute has fallen below the threshold, so the drive is really sick.

IMO there is no point in trying to format it. I would take it out of service, even though the Power On Hours is only 314. :-(

Solution

Cisar

Honorable
May 27, 2014

Yes, it's pretty new and more than half of that time was me running the data recovery software...
So sad, well I will keep trying to maybe do something, I can use it for movies if I can work something out.

Thank you for your help and quick reply.