Question Two ASMedia USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controllers not working on Windows 10

zurls

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
I was having a problem with not being able to use my mouse or keyboard when in Safe Mode. Looking into it I discovered that two of the ASMedia USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controllers said they needed drivers updated, but they both refused to accept any driver. (These were already in when I got the computer a year or so ago.) The suggestion after that was to simply uninstall them, restart, and that Windows would find and fix them. After restart they now show in Other Devices as Unknown Device. If I select properties their location is "on ASMedia USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller". The board is and ASUS P8Z77-V Pro. Any ideas or suggestions? p.s. Not sure if this is realted to the USB 3.0 bus problems that I read about from earlier Windows updates.

Colif

Win 11 Master
drivers don't run in safe mode so I wonder if that was what you were seeing

this might help

The driver version that you currently have is outdated. We recommend that you check for updates by following the steps in this article: Update drivers in Windows 10. If you are not able to update to the latest version of the driver by following the steps in that article, download the latest version of the driver from this page: Microsoft Update Catalog. After the download, install the latest version by following the steps of Install drivers using Device Manager in this Wiki Article: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ntroller/06db3b7d-9df6-4a0c-b96b-f1f754a0594b

I don't think the USB drivers being missing would explain why the mouse/kb don't work in safe mode. Windows should have drivers for them anyway.