Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2023
Had a system happily humming along for twoish months with the following specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rog Crosshair x670e Extreme
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950x
RAM: 2x32GB G.Skill Trident DDR5 6000
GPU: RTX 3090 FE

I installed a PCIe SSD that I've used in other systems and the box wouldn't boot. It was stuck at "memory test" with a motherboard code of 00. I removed the PCIe card, same error. Went through all the standard items of removing components, moving ram, clearing CMOS, etc etc. Same issue. Contacted Asus tech support, they issued me an RMA with a 7+ day turnaround time.

I need my system for work so I drove two hours and picked up the exact same motherboard. Came home, swapped everything and... Same issue. Replaced GPU, same issue. Found a post mentioning Asus' compatibility page which I gleefully ignored at build time and realized that my RAM was not on the list. Ok, headed to Best buy. Picked up 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600MHz DDR5 C36 DIMMs. Installed it and - yup, same issue.

I saw a post on here saying to leave the box up and running for a while so the system could "learn" the memory. So I've left it running - I'm at 48 minutes and still at the memory test. What now? Could my CPU be fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts