Question Two BSODs in a week

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Colif

Win 10 Master
Don't need a dump if the cause is so obvious.
It showed as okay in crystaldisk and yet it just stops.
It is possible the problem is a physical one that doesn't include anything SMART checks.
I don't like that about ssd, at least with hdd you might get a noise, these just stop.

Aravind92

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2014
Don't need a dump if the cause is so obvious.
It showed as okay in crystaldisk and yet it just stops.
It is possible the problem is a physical one that doesn't include anything SMART checks.
I don't like that about ssd, at least with hdd you might get a noise, these just stop.
I guess that is it, checked the drive on my friends pc, didn't detect the drive.

However, I may have caused another issue, not if I can ask here, after I checked my drive on his pc and confirmed that it is dead, I plugged the cables back into his ssd, booted up fine, then turned off and connected my driver with another sata cable his pc, pc wouldn't boot., So removed mine, it booted up fine, but I had left my sata cable in on his board, then turned off and removed it as well, then it turned on again went to desktop and froze, held pwr button and turned, now his pc doesn't boot, all the fans just keep spinning, no display.

Tried each ram on both slots, it is a h61 gigabyte motherboard. Removed the cmos battery for sometime to clear and put back in, no go.

Removed the 960, on board vga, same issue.

I am worried I've killed his pc too, whatever I touch goes to hell, I knew it, his pc used to me mine, the same thing happened when I was using it back in the day twice(both when removing the gpu and trying a diff one for a frnd) used to have b75 board back then, both times it was the board, then I replaced it with the h61. So, this time I was very careful not to touch anything on the board, just wanted to test the ssd and it is now doing the same thing.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS