Two budget systems -- which is the "better"?

I suspect this may be an apples/oranges kind of question --

I'm trying to weigh which of two systems is "better" -- ambiguous term
I know.
I'm looking for an overall summary comparison. Both are light-use,
general purpose machines, one of which I'll be giving to a relative as
a first computer.

Box #1 --
Gigabyte GA-7VKML mainboard
XP2600+ CPU
512 mb PC133 RAM

Box #2 --
Biostar M7VIG Pro mainboard
XP2100+ CPU
512 mb PC2100 RAM

I'm faked-out how to arrive at an overall weighting --
one has stronger CPU and slower memory,
the other weaker CPU but faster memory.

Thank you for any guidance or explainations anyone can provide.
Happy Easter

"pinxet" <nowhereman@nowhereland.com> wrote in message
> I suspect this may be an apples/oranges kind of question --
>
> I'm trying to weigh which of two systems is "better" -- ambiguous term
> I know.
> I'm looking for an overall summary comparison. Both are light-use,
> general purpose machines, one of which I'll be giving to a relative as
> a first computer.
>
> Box #1 --
> Gigabyte GA-7VKML mainboard
> XP2600+ CPU
> 512 mb PC133 RAM
>
> Box #2 --
> Biostar M7VIG Pro mainboard
> XP2100+ CPU
> 512 mb PC2100 RAM

Box two is better, but only about 10%, maybe. -Dave

Thanks for the responses. I had a feeling the conclusions would be
about the same, with a leaning toward the Biostar
Thanks again

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:57:49 -0600, pinxet