Two Builds - AMD or Intel?!

wesisthearcher

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
Hey everybody,

I am uninformed (at best) when it comes to computers, and whatever magic it is that makes them work. But, I've always wanted to break into PC gaming, and nowadays I finally have the income to potentially do so. I've blundered about and done a bit of research, and haven't really been able to decipher which is better between AMD and Intel builds. So, I made one of each, and I thought I'd let wiser minds than mine offer opinions.

I plan to use it for gaming, a bit of audio recording and editing (my recording rig requires a FireWire port, thus my motherboard choices), and general everyday computer-type-stuff. I also have some interest in talk I've heard recently about Steamboxes and SteamOS and PC gaming in the living room and other such things. I know little about that, though, so I guess as an added question, would these builds potentially function as a "Steam-Machine"?

Anywho, here they are:

Icingdeath (Intel)

Twinkle (AMD)

Thanks all!

Seeking Solace

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
From what I understand about Steam, if I understood right, is that it is based on a version of Linux, which means you'd have to partition your drive and add a second boot. I could very well be entirely wrong, but its worth posting so that I might be corrected and learn something.