Two Compatible Kits of Ram wont work on Asus X99A Usb 3.1

ddoog123321

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
I have a Asus X99A USB3.1 Board with an Intel i7 6800K, At first i started off the board with a kit of corsair LPX DDR4 16GB kit (2 x 8GB), The board only gave me the post code 53. (Invalid speed or incompatible memory). So I decided to just buy a Quad channel kit that was listed in the motherboard manual. This was another Corsair 16GB kit except it was 4 x 4 GB. I am still Only getting post code 53.

The Kit number for the 4x4 GB is CMK16GX4M4A2133C13

Solution
Hello... Yes... there can be a bad production run from time to time... The other thing to check before spending One way $hipping, Is to Test just the minimum Hardware installed, on the cardboard box the MB came in... to test too see if the CASE install is shorted/interfering. B /

Hopefully they are aware of the problem, AND paying BOTH ways $hipping in this Case? B )

ddoog123321

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

Cmos reset didnt work, Neither did RTC clear.
The new bios should work though? I havent read of any issues where it couldnt post...

ddoog123321

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

flashed it already and jsut talked to asus support, I was advised to RMA. But ive seen multiple posts where the exact same issue happens with a new board.

Hello... Yes... there can be a bad production run from time to time... The other thing to check before spending One way $hipping, Is to Test just the minimum Hardware installed, on the cardboard box the MB came in... to test too see if the CASE install is shorted/interfering. B /

Hopefully they are aware of the problem, AND paying BOTH ways $hipping in this Case? B )

Solution

ddoog123321

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

this actually has never been turned on inside the case..... Ive set it on top of its own MB box for sake of testing before doing all the work of putting it in and taking it out

Miki__

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016

I think I'm being bitten by this too :( I have a brand new x99a/usb3.1 with a 6800k and a Patriot Viper DDR4 3000MHz 4x8GB kit. I've tried many combinations of slots and dimms, cleared cmos and flashback'd to 3101 bios datestamped 5/12. Is there anything else anyone would recommend trying before returning the motherboard?

Hello... Give them a call and save some manual labor and Fustration... THEY might be the ones suggesting you send it in. B )
Sounds like a Bad run of CMOS/BIO's/solder/chips... Ask if there is 're-call on these Boards before trying the "CMOS Clear/Reset" OR 'cardboard Box" test.
"... if the MB won't Boot it won't Boot... time to call it a night " ~ Diary of a Mad Computer Geek

TRENDING THREADS