Two Comps in One?

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Hello, all :)

Ok, I like multitasking. What I currently do is work on one task, then while it is loading alt-tab to work on another.

I am wanting to do something different now and am wanting to know if it is possible.

I would like to have a setup with two screens, two mice, two keyboards, and one computer. I would like to be able to be doing a task on one screen, while keeping an eye on a task on the other screen. I would also like to have a dedicated mouse and keyboard for each screen.

I am thinking of something like this: Maybe a virtual machine? The thing is, is that I would like to have the same OS on both, but I only have one key. Can you have the same OS with the same OS key running in two instances simultaneously?

Thanks!

P.S. Am wanting a solution that will not cost money.... am sorta short on that at the moment.
P.P.S. I have Windows 7 Ultimate, an i7 920, 6gb ram 1333mhz.

daship

Distinguished
There is not a free solution. The only way to do exactly what you want is with a product like ncomputing offers. Also they only work on xp, according to reviews I have read, and only 32 bit.

You could probably get away with 1 license but not legally.

I suggest you run dual monitors with ultramon software, you will have 1 key/mouse but you can run different apps on each screen.