Two Dead Pixels - caused by tv dinner dilemma or did I never notice?

JohnFL2119

Commendable
Jun 25, 2017
http://imgur.com/a/IwTu0[/img]

Hello,

So this is the infamous asus pg279q model.

Stupid me, and lesson truly learned, I had a tv dinner too close to the display and when I opened the lid some hot water/maybe gravy sprayed on bottom corner of the display. I grabbed one of those computer cloths and wiped it down but then noticed these two dead pixels afterward.

It's not dust and won't come off. They are two dead pixels.

Now I can't decide if it was the tv dinner's hot water/juices spraying on the display, or if these pixels were always dead and I just never noticed. Either way - my question is two fold. One - would something like tv dinner's juices getting on display really cause two dead pixels like this? I find it hard to believe. (two pixels are to the left of the cursor, hard to see but oh they are there)

http://imgur.com/a/IwTu0[/img]

And two - should I RMA
IwTu0
? It's got backlight bleed and now these two dead pixels. FFS it was $700!

Those pixels had to be dead before, you just did not notice.

Try to "massage" them with your finger, this sometimes helps. At least it did on my monitor a few years ago.

If it doesn't help, check whether you can RMA the monitor due to 2 dead pixels. Most manufacturers have a tolerance on how many dead pixels are allowed before you can RMA. Some of them even have a zero-dead-pixel policy, which would be the best in your case if you really want to RMA, but you have to check with the seller.

JohnFL2119

Commendable
Jun 25, 2017
Ugh why god must this happen! Wish I noticed it sooner....but, I'm not sure if those will even bother me. Just the fact though it's such an expensive monitor and this happens is frustrating. I mean it already has backlight bleed but I got over that...guess I'll have to get over this.

JohnFL2119

Commendable
Jun 25, 2017
Yea I tried the massage thing for a few seconds but was actually more worried about causing more dead pixels. I can live with those two teeny weeny dots. They go away/change color depending on what angle I look so it's no big deal. Besides, not like I'm EVER going to notice them when playing games.
But still, the principle of the thing is this is a $700 monitor and it has issues like this. The picture it displays is truly gorgeous and no other monitor can come close for gaming I think.