Two desktops sharing Ethernet.

Sep 10, 2018
I currently have a Mac setup in my home office. I have an Ethernet connection at the wall currently connected to my Mac Mini. I’m going to be adding a PC to the office for work related stuff. I also want to connect it to Ethernet, but I just have 1 line coming from the wall (The router is in the garage) do I need a switch or a splitter, or are they the same? I want to be able to jump from either computer as needed without having to change settings or make a change to the plug. Any advice would be welcome.

Solution

An ethernet switch is not going to stop you from doing that, you can do 2,3,5,10 or 50 if you want to, as long as the Internet you paid can send you data fast enough.
Sep 10, 2018
So, Ethernet from the wall into the switch, and then two lines from the switch to each computer? Will this allow streaming simultaneously on both devices if necessary?
Thanks

An ethernet switch is not going to stop you from doing that, you can do 2,3,5,10 or 50 if you want to, as long as the Internet you paid can send you data fast enough.

Solution