Two different 1.4ghz processors on newegg.com

Kaliman

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2001
There are two different 1.4 ghz processors on newegg.com One has Stepping AYHJA and the other does not. What is this and do i need it. Basically which one does everyone get? thanks

G

that's what im wondering. there was only one on there up until today, but i don't know which one that was.

G

Get the stepping ayhja if you wanna overclock. These can overclock like a mutha.

deez

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Those with the AYHJA stepping is <i>'suppose'</i> to be able to overclock higher. I just bought one of the cheaper ones without that particullar stepping yesterday from newegg as well. I just wanted to see how high I can overclock it along with a generic HSF. I'll keep you posted.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
yes - as time progresses I think all chips end up on the new stepping as the stock of the old runs down. Even the 1.33's are starting to come through in AHYJA now I think. Same as AXIA worked down to 1G batches, having started for the 1.33 so it will with others. I think the very early 1.4s were AXIA, but all are now most likely AHYJA or better (AHYJAR)

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

G

Just to add to the confusion

AMD Athlon 900mhz SocketA (100mhz AQFA Tbird)
AMD Athlon 1Ghz SocketA (100mhz ARGA Tbird)
AMD Athlon 1.1Ghz SocketA (100mhz AVHA Tbird)
AMD Athlon 1 Ghz SocketA (100mhz AXIA Tbird)
AMD Athlon 1.3Ghz SocketA (100mhz AXIA Tbird)
AMD Athlon 1.1Ghz SocketA (100mhz AVHA Tbird)
AMD Athlon 1.2Ghz SocketA (100mhz AVIA Tbird)
AMD Athlon 1.3Ghz SocketA (100mhz AXIA Tbird)
<font color=blue>AMD Athlon 1Ghz SocketA (133mhz AXIA Tbird)
AMD Athlon 1.133Ghz SocketA (133mhz AXIA Tbird)
AMD Athlon 1.2Ghz SocketA (133mhz AXIA T'bird)
AMD Athlon 1.33Ghz SocketA (133mhz AYHJA Tbird)
AMD Athlon 1.4Ghz SocketA (133mhz AYHJA Tbird) </font color=blue>

Could be missing one or two in that lot, as far as I know the "Y" etc is now not used in the 1.4 tbird AYHJA. I could be wrong so could my sources.

Crank it up... way up!! I need that power.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scotty3303 on 08/03/01 11:09 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Hey Crash, it looks like your right...it <i>is</i> a scam. I just recieved my package from newegg today, and my 1.4ghz CPU is indeed a AYHJA 'Y' stepping. I bought the "NON" AYHJA and paid like $4 less. Hmmm....yeah, I guess all the latest 1.4ghz are AYHJA also....So people, just save your $4-10 and buy the "NON" AYHJA, chances are, you'll still end up with one.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>