Two different graphics cards 3 monitors and a tv

mazloum91

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
Ok i've seen a couple different threads regarding this topic but nothing that answers this question directly.

Here's the situation I have three monitors (20", 24", 28") and a 50" tv. Right now i'm running them all off my GTX 670 it works fine untill I try to watch HD video on the tv then it gets super laggy and pixelated. My initial thought was to get another 670 and run SLI however I can't seem to find a 670 that is less than twice the original price.

My next thought was to get a some other card (a 6xx series of some sort) and run the two cards side-by-side not SLI'ed and then run two monitors off the 6xx and a monitor and the tv off the 670.

Will this work? Will I be able to have all the monitors and the tv set up in an extended desktop mode? Will this improve performance significantly?

Solution
Yes it will work fine but it doesn't sound like any sort of performance issue to me. It sounds like a software issue. Does this only happen while streaming or any sort of HD codec? (.avi, .mp4 videos @ 1080p or higher)

dovah-chan

Honorable
Yes it will work fine but it doesn't sound like any sort of performance issue to me. It sounds like a software issue. Does this only happen while streaming or any sort of HD codec? (.avi, .mp4 videos @ 1080p or higher)

Solution

dovah-chan

Honorable
Also the best place to look for a 670 is on ebay or for you to post a wanted ad listing on craigslist asking for one and the price you'd pay for it. Oh and it doesn't matter what vendor your card is from. As long as they're both 670's they can SLI. So for example, you could SLI an Asus Direct CU II GTX 670 with something like an EVGA Superclocked FTW GTX 670.

mazloum91

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

Realized it was some weird option on my tv. But thanks for the info!