[SOLVED] Two Different Memory Sticks

cpoullas

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Hi all,

I have read the stickies about the caution of using two different memory sticks, but I still have some questions... I have been having a lot of BSOD errors while gaming and such, and I have finally nailed the problem down to what seems to be a RAM problem. I even went as far as to install a fresh copy of windows and I am still having BSOD issues. I did the windows memory diagnostic and errors were found. I opened up my computer and popped out the RAM sticks (I bought this computer used) and it seems there are 2 different RAM sticks in there: GEIL GPR48GB2400C16S (PC4-19200 CL16-16-16-16-36 1.2v) and GEIL GPR48GB2666C19SC (PC4-21330 CL19-19-19-43). Seems that the previous owner bought another stick of RAM at a separate point in time. Is my best bet to just go out and buy a new set of RAM, or is it at all possible to make these two work together in tandum? I'm about 2 seconds away from just buying a new set of RAM.

Solution
Buying a dual channel ram kit is the bet option for both novices and experts alike. In fact it only gives you a peace of mind, like buying the right pair of shoes for your feet and wearing them all day without any sign of sweat due to stress from your feet.

Make and model of your motherboard and your processor?

Lutfij

Titan
Buying a dual channel ram kit is the bet option for both novices and experts alike. In fact it only gives you a peace of mind, like buying the right pair of shoes for your feet and wearing them all day without any sign of sweat due to stress from your feet.

Make and model of your motherboard and your processor?

Solution

cpoullas

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
I’m fairly certain there is something wrong with one of my RAM sticks. When I run windows memory diagnostic on the first stick alone, I get no errors. When I run it on the second stick alone (same port), I get errors. I’m thinking it’s time to ditch this RAM and buy a new set. Thoughts?

TRENDING THREADS