[SOLVED] Two Eizo calibrated displays - different color

Jan 2, 2019
Hello,

I use Eizo CS240 display for two years. Now I've got CS2420 as the second display. They are both calibrated the same way, with same profiles and same settings. But one looks greenish and the second - redish. The difference is pretty dramatic.

How can it be?

Thank you.

P.S. Both monitors are connected to the same 1080, bot one via display port and the second one via DVI. But I don't think it can cause color difference...

Solution
I've switched compensation method from "Color management" to "Multiple monitor matching" in ColorNavigator preferences, and now both monitor are perfectly matched (as for my eye).

kanewolf

Titan
if you are using the "same profile" they aren't calibrated. Calibrated displays use unique profiles so that any differences are compensated for in the calibration. If you want matching displays, I would recommend you get a hardware color calibrator like a Spyder.

Start by manually going through every on-screen option and verify that the two monitors are configured the same. Especially color temperature.

Jan 2, 2019

Sorry, I've explained it wrong. They are both calibrated with a hardware calibrator to match same values (I've mistakenly called it same profile).

Even with hardware monitor profiling, it's important that both monitors are configured exactly the same (same colour temp etc) in the monitor OSD menu before hardware profiling with devices such as ColorVision Spyder etc. In other words, both monitors must be set to the same starting point (generally as neutral as possible), otherwise the generated profiles will give different visual results.

Jan 2, 2019

I've done factory reset to both displays, connected both via displayport cable, calibrated them again, and still one is shaded warmer then other...

Jan 2, 2019
I've switched compensation method from "Color management" to "Multiple monitor matching" in ColorNavigator preferences, and now both monitor are perfectly matched (as for my eye).

Solution