[SOLVED] Two Elgato 4k 60 Pro mk.2

kyle4492

Commendable
Jul 6, 2018
Hey everyone,

I am looking at building a dedicated streaming PC. I want to put two Elgato 4k 60 Pros (mk.2) in them. I know they utilize PCIe4 for them. I also want to have the GPU do the encoding when streaming on OBS. So I need to have the two capture cards and the slot for the GPU. What are some good combinations with AMD processors and GPU that you can recommend along with the two capture cards? What motherboards can fit all of this. Thanks in advance!

-Kyle

Solution
Hey everyone,

I am looking at building a dedicated streaming PC. I want to put two Elgato 4k 60 Pros (mk.2) in them. I know they utilize PCIe4 for them. I also want to have the GPU do the encoding when streaming on OBS. So I need to have the two capture cards and the slot for the GPU. What are some good combinations with AMD processors and GPU that you can recommend along with the two capture cards? What motherboards can fit all of this. Thanks in advance!

-Kyle
Those cards need an x4 inerface. You will havr yo get an x670 motherboard that can distribute the PCIe lanes as x8, x4,x4. Or you should look st a threadripper build.

kanewolf

Titan
Hey everyone,

-Kyle
Those cards need an x4 inerface. You will havr yo get an x670 motherboard that can distribute the PCIe lanes as x8, x4,x4. Or you should look st a threadripper build.

Solution