Jlg823

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2013
Just asking a hypothetical question. Currently I have a Dell S2417DG which has G-Sync and my second monitor is an older monitor that I'm forced to run at 60hz due to my GPU not having dual-link DVI. When I turn on G-Sync and if I have a video or something on my second monitor while playing games, it locks my FPS to 60fps. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if so does having a second G-Sync monitor help? Or is it just the fact that ones 144hz and the other is 60hz?

For info I did update my Windows to Version 2004 which did fix it locking my FPS to 60 but only if I had G-Sync disabled, Thank you.

BlueCat57

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Great question. I have no idea. I found your question while researching G-Sync.

I am considering a G-sync monitor purchase but all of them seem to be VERY expensive. I'm willing to go $150 for a 27", but beyond that, I would just purchase a 4K TV (40" or so and reasonably priced and will fit on my desktop) since I'm not a gamer per se. (Actually, the monitor would be for a child that plays online games and I would then get their 24" monitor. I would still use a second monitor but refresh rates wouldn't matter.) (Dang, I just realized I should make sure that their laptop can drive a higher refresh rate on a monitor.)

I'm surprised you haven't received a definitive answer. Or maybe you found it elsewhere. Good luck.