Question Two games I want to play crashes

johndii1991

Reputable
Mar 11, 2018
Hello Forum members,

I have a rtx 2080ti but somehow I get Display Driver crash on two games. I never experienced any BSOD nor any pc crashes, just the games. I reset, uninstall, reinstall. But no sign of making my games not get the same crash. But when I underclock 200mhz. The games stop crashing. Is it a bad sign my GPU is dying or just the latest Nvidia driver causing this bug?

If I get a response thank you!

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
It would be best to provide full system specs and also the titles you are having issue with.

In a very general sense, the fact that the OC provides stability points towards either a heat issue, or a power (supply) issue. I would think if it were the supply the system itself should crash. Heat should be easily confirmed with a monitoring program like Afterburner/Riva.

Aside from that, it's often a good idea to search the specific title for "this game crashes 2021" and see if others have a similar issue.

Reactions: johndii1991

johndii1991

Reputable
Mar 11, 2018
It would be best to provide full system specs and also the titles you are having issue with.

In a very general sense, the fact that the OC provides stability points towards either a heat issue, or a power (supply) issue. I would think if it were the supply the system itself should crash. Heat should be easily confirmed with a monitoring program like Afterburner/Riva.

Aside from that, it's often a good idea to search the specific title for "this game crashes 2021" and see if others have a similar issue.
Ok thank you for response. I'll check.

johndii1991

Reputable
Mar 11, 2018

Last question, could loose
What specific games are you referring to and from where did you get (download) them?
CoD: Cold war (Blizzard) and Days Gone (Steam)
CoD though is getting green flashes on graphic objects and Days gone Black flickering. Both complain about Driver Display update required even though I'm using latest to get days gone experience.

johndii1991

Reputable
Mar 11, 2018
What are the specs for the rest of your system (make/model of all installed components)?

Is Windows, your motherboard BIOS, and your motherboard chipset drivers fully up to date?
MoBo: ASROCK z390 pro 4
CPU: Intel i9 9900kf
GPU: RTX 2080ti msi gaming x trio
MEMORY: 32gb(8x4) 4133mhz patriot viper steel series
PSU: Corsair RMx Series 850W ATX12V

Yes in BIOS, windows is set as boot.
Yes for my MoBo, the latest is P4.70